Wednesday, April 4, 2012










Today is Theme Day Thursday at My Cricut Craft Room.  Today's theme is Cruise, or use the Forever Young Cartridge.  I used the Forever Young cartridge for my layout.


When I was in China adopting my daughter, it was very hot. The sun was out most days, and very bright.  I brought with me a pair of sunglasses for my daughter as she had never been out in the sun before and I wanted to protect her eyes from the sun.  Although she really did not like wearing sunglasses then, she loves them now!
The matting was cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 10 inches. 

The glasses were cut from Forever Young page 47 at 2 inches.  Using the shadow, shift and layer features.
The ear piece is covered with Martha Stewart Garnet glitter and the lenses are covered with Martha Stewart Onyx glitter.


The "Sunny Days" was cut at 2.5 inches, and "Sunny" was covered with yellow Stickles.
The sun was cut at 3.25 inches (real dial size used) and the face was stamped from Peachy Keen stamps. 


Be sure to head over to My Cricut Craft Room to see other great projects!

8 comments:

  1. Great Job Lisa, I just love the glitter on the sunglasses and the picture and story are so sweet!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout Lisa.
    I am a newbee here.
    Ava DT Sister
    http//scrapbookdesign4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout love the glasses TFS
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those glasses make the layout. I have to get more patient when it comes to embellishing my die cuts. They can add so much to a project. Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue I possess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project!! I am also now a follower on your blog :)
    MCCR design team sister Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete