Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

I had never made a Tri-Fold card before, so decided to give it a try.  These are for my mother and mother in law.  I used their favorite colors as the base colors, my moms favorite color being yellow, and my mother in laws favorite color being blue.   The printed card stock on the yellow card was from SEI, the the blue/brown card stock on the blue card is from My Minds Eye.

I cut my base card stock at 12 X 5 1/2 inches, and scored at 2 inches, 4 inches, 8 inches, and 10 inches.  I then made 2 cuts, each 1 1/2 inch from top and bottom, from the 1st score line to the 2nd score line.  I then accordion folded at the score lines.  Then the folds of the middle are reversed.

When I layered the panels, each layer is cut 1/4 inch smaller.  I used simple embellishments that I had handy. I used the Spell Binders scalloped circle as well. 



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment