Thursday, May 17, 2012



Welcome to Scrapbook Friday at My Cricut Craft Room . Today, we are making wedding layouts.  Perfect!! 

One cold Day in November 2010, my son took his girlfriend, his best friend, his girlfriends best friend and his girlfriends father to Gillette Stadium to watch a Patriots game. Prior to entering the stadium, he asked her to marry him. (EVERYONE knew but her).  His friend took some great pics of these moments.   


Since their wedding colors were green and purple (his favorite color is green, hers is purple), I am making their book in these colors. I used dark and light colored card stock of each color, as well as white.

I used the Elegant Edges cartridge to cut the light colors and the white card stock.  I used the Lace Edge on page 44 of the booklet.  I cut the light colors using the basic cut at 11 inches.  I then cut the white using the shadow feature at 7.5 inches. 



To save a little money, I used the centers of the dark and light colored paper to make my picture mats. 


After I cut the mat off the light paper, I traced it on the dark paper, then cut it out. 



I then layered the papers. 



I then added the white layer.




This is what the back looks like




The rings were made from Everyday Pop Up Cards cartridge, cut at 4 inches. After layering, they were outlined with diamond and gold Stickles.


She was so surprised!!



The embellishments were from Recollections.



Head on back to Erica's blog to see more awesome projects!

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful memory and story. love the LO colors and frame! My cricut craft room dt sis doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. super nice layout and frame! awesome! TFS Janet Royer

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very special moment to capture on your pages!!
    Love the stickles!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this LO and story. The tutorial was great. One question: did the Pats win, lol!!! TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Lo and such a lovely story! TFS
    Miranda
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete