Welcome to My Cricut Craft Rooms June's 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop!
You should have started at Erica's Blog. if not, then go Here to start at the beginning.
If you love Cuttlebug, Erica has some awesome giveaways this month.
Here is today's blog hop line up:
Start Here: http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
Jenn Lorest: http://www.jennspapercrafts.blogspot.com/
Patty McGinnis: http://www.sweetpsscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
Jenny R. http://myimagitivity.blogspot.com/
Erica's Project: http://ericasprojects.blogspot.com/
Teresa K.: http://www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com/
Lisa Carrier: http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/ <--you are here!
Blog Candy: http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/ <---- go here next!
This first project was a challenge for me. It was make with the Every Day Pop Up Cards cartridge.
Erica had sent me some items that I would not even consider using. One of the items was a sheet of acetate. I had no clue what to do with that. I found a cool project on You Tube. The person who made the card was named Loraine. I loved this idea and thought I would give it a try. I decided to make this card into a birthday card for my baby sister, how is soon to be turning 44!
I took an A2 sized card, and made a cut 1 inch from the fold. Then cut 2 more 1 inch pieces inch from the piece that I cut off, then one piece that was slightly smaller that 1 inch.
The acetate was cut down to 5.5 inches X a little more than 4 inches but also a little less that 4.25 inches.
I used a dry adhesive that I got from Erica to adhere the acetate to the 1 inch flap on the front of the card. After, that I used the cut piece that was a little less than 1 inch to the inside of the card, adhering it to the acetate. This hides the adhesive.
The other 2 1 inch strips are adhered to the other side (both front and back) of the acetate.
Other items Erica sent was some card stock with very bold colors and glitter paper. So, all the paper used for this card came from Erica. She even sent me the cupcake stickers!! So, it fit right in with this card.
The cupcake was made from Every Day Pop Up Cards cartridge, and found on page 61 of the booklet. I cut it at 3.5 inches, using the basic cut and then with shift, then layer 1 and layer with shift. The sentiments came from CTMH.
My next project will be used for my Secret Project. It was made using papers that came from Erica! (Isn't she great!!) and the New Testament cartridge. The cross can be found on page 41 of the booklet. Using the cross function key and then with the shift key, cut at 5 inches. The sentiment came from ODBD.
To win some blog candy, leave a comment on all the blogs in this weekends hop (there will be more tomorrow!) and then leave a comment at: http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/